Each hall association consist of the following positions. These are the minimum positions, and some hall associations may have additional roles. Contact the building's Hall Coordinator for additional information.
- Shall be the administrator and official representative
- Shall have the power to make all necessary appointments
- Shall preside over all meetings of the Executive Board
- Shall preside over all Hall Association Meetings.
- Shall not have a vote in the Hall Association Meetings with the exception of a tie.
- Shall have the power to call special meetings of the Board.
- Shall attend all meetings, or designate an alternate attendee of the ARH Cabinet, general assembly, executive board, and one-on-one meetings with the Hall Association Advisor.
- Each president must attend three-fourths (¾) of the meetings in order to be in good standing in
- Shall handle all correspondences between the hall association and other offices located on the University of Iowa campus.
- Shall keep updated transitional materials of suggestions and procedures that will be passed on to successors.
- Shall be responsible for serving in the absence of the President.
- Shall oversee all ad-hoc committees approved by the hall associations
- Shall oversee all recommendations of future hall improvements.
- Shall directly oversee that proceedings of the Hall Association are being conducted based on the Hall Association’s Constitution and serve as the Parliamentarian.
- Shall oversee all the expenses of (insert hall name).
- Shall present the Hall Association with a complete and itemized financial statement at the request of any member. At the same time reporting the balance of each account monthly.
- Shall attend meetings of the ARH Financial Board or designate an alternate if unable to attend.
- Shall keep annual budgets that will be passed on from year to year.
- Shall keep a detailed and up-to-date ledger of all financial records.
- Report income, expenditures, and current balances in the 450 and 950 accounts.
- Shall prepare and publish a complete an annual financial budget for the members of the Executive Board one month after H.E.R.O. Training.
- Must comply with the ARH Financial Board By-laws.
Communications and Marketing Director
- Shall be responsible for taking, distributing, and posting minutes of all meetings.
- Shall coordinate and oversee all advertising and marketing tasks.
- Shall be responsible for creating marketing materials for all major hall events in collaboration with board members.
- Shall be responsible for updating all electronic documents related to (insert hall name).
- Shall keep records of the phone numbers of important contacts of the Hall Association members.
- Shall be responsible for all aspects of programs unless otherwise discussed by the Executive Board.
- Shall work with the Communications and Marketing Director on publicity and advertising of all programming initiatives.
- Shall attend meetings of the ARH Programming Board or shall specify an alternate for said meeting.
- Shall serve as chair of the Programming Committee of their hall if deemed necessary by the Executive Board.
- 3 to 5 Senators shall be elected for each hall association.
- Shall attend the ARH Senate Meetings on Monday night at 7:00 PM.
- Shall report back to their Executive Board of what is taking place within ARH (Associated Residence Halls).
- Shall be required to attend and be a part of an ARH committee. The different committees include the following: Sustainability, Diversity, Academics, and Student Life Advisory.
Resident Assistant (RA) Co-Advisor
- The RA Co-Advisor for (insert hall name) shall be the designated RA(s) of (hall name).
- Shall not vote in the House Senate meetings, Executive Board meetings or elections.
- Shall remain an unbiased party.
- Shall assist and advice the (insert hall name) Executive Board in matter pertaining to board activities on a bi-weekly basis.
- Definition: A director from the ARH Executive Board who acts as a resource to the Hall Association assigned to them by the ARH Associations Director.
- Shall attend Executive Board and Hall Association meetings based on the expectations set by the Liaison, Hall Association President, and Hall Association Advisor.
- Does not have a vote in hall matters.
- Shall provide updates to (insert hall name) regarding ARH’s development and activities.
- The primary advisor for (insert hall name) shall be the Hall Coordinator or Assistant Hall Coordinator of (hall name).
- Shall not vote in the House meetings, Senate meetings, Executive Board meetings, or elections.
- Shall remain an unbiased party.
- Shall conduct one-on-one meetings with the President on a bi-weekly basis and with the Finance Director on a monthly basis.
- Shall maintain transitional materials and coordinate the elections processes.