The University of Iowa serves as the Hawkeye Chapter of the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) of the National Association of College and University of Residence Halls, Incorporated. NRHH is a leadership-based honorary comprised of exemplary residential students who value recognition and service. The purpose of this organization shall be to provide recognition and leadership development for those individuals living in the residence halls that have provided outstanding service and leadership in the advancement of the residence hall system at The University of Iowa and in other facets of their lives. In addition, this organization will plan activities and events which embody the two values of NRHH: recognition and service.
One of the many services of NACURH, Inc. is the 'Of the Month' Award, which is administered through the National Residence Hall Honorary. The 'Of the Month' process recognizes outstanding contributions to College and University Residence Halls in the following categories: Advisor, Community, Community Service Program, Desk Attendant, Diversity Program, Educational Program, Executive Board Member, Faculty/Staff, First Year Experience, Organization, Residential/Community Assistant, Social Program, Spotlight, Student. Any school affiliated with NACURH is eligible to make or receive an 'Of the Month' award and/or nomination. The OTM must me month specific, meaning the nomination should only focus on the month for which it is written. The information outlined below is designed to assist you in writing a quality nomination.
How to Submit an OTM nomination
- Go to http://nrhh.org and click on the appropriate link under "Submit OTMs" on the left side of the Web site:
- If you want to submit a Program OTM, click on "Program Category."
- If you want to submit an OTM in another category (Advisor, Community, Executive Board Member, , Organization, etc.), click on "General Category."
- Under "Please select your University," select "University of Iowa"
- Complete the entire online form
- Nominee's organization and nominator's organization refers to the residence hall the individual lives or works in.
- Hit "Submit"
Other information: You do not have to create an account to submit OTMs and you can also search for past OTM winners on this Web site.