For the 2020-2021 Academic Year, ARH will be operating differently. Instead of each hall electing executive members, individuals interested in being involved with ARH can fill out this form. Once we receive your interest we will place you with a council. You may stay with your council the entire semester, or a month at a time-whatever time you have to give we'll gladly take it. You are also able to swap councils in between projects/programs.
- Academic Growth & Sustainability: This council will focus on bringing opportunities for residential students to develop sustainable academic habits. This council will be responsible for ensuring communities have resources for sustainable living.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: This council will focus on bringing opportunities for residential students to explore identities and experiences of self and others.This council will be responsible for assisting in the planning and executing ARH’s DEI Signature Event
- Personal Development & Dining: This council will focus on bringing opportunities for residential students to develop sustainable habits contributing to their holistic wellbeing. This council will be responsible for attending monthly meetings with dining officials
- Service & Social: This council will focus on bringing opportunities for residential students to participate in service opportunities as well as general social programming. This council will be responsible for planning and executing NRHH’s Signature Service Event
For more information on councils please contact Izzie Halinowski, Student Life Director, at email@example.com
The structure of the residence hall government is set up as in the chart below with the Associated Residence Halls as the central governing body, with each of the Hall Associations feeding into ARH. Associated Residence Halls (ARH) is the governing body of the individual residence halls of The University of Iowa working for the betterment of residence life through policy and legislation based from feedback and ideas derived from the ARH Board of Directors, individual hall government associations, and residents.
- BASH (Burge Associated Student House) for Burge Hall.
- HA (Hillcrest Association) for Hillcrest Hall.
- MayCo (Mayflower Council) for Mayflower Hall.
- OSCAR (Organized Stanley and Currier Associated Residents) for Stanley and Currier Halls.
- USA (United Slater Association) for Slater Hall.
- AD (Associated Daum) for Daum Hall and its dependents.
- ROAR (Residents of Associated Rienow) for Rienow Hall.
- POP (People of Petersen) for Petersen Hall.